Here is a list of the things that might be transported on the public bus system.
The first 3 items are carried by public bus systems in use today.
The last 4 items are transport challenges of increasing difficulty.
- Incidental baggage that depends on hand and arm strength - knapsack, purse, briefcase, shoulder bag, laptop computer in a case, makeup case, cloth grocery bags.
- Purpose carriers that use shoulder support - backpacker's pack, laundry bag, two bags of balanced weight with a shoulder strap.
- Bicycles carried in a front of bus carrier.
- Heavier objects that can be lifted but not held for long - tool boxes, handle grocery bags with canned goods.
- Wheeled devices that can be lifted up steps- rolling suitcases.
- Wheeled devices operated by a passenger that require ramp or lift to enter the bus: modified shopping carts, modified wheel chairs (seat cushion removed). Contents can include: construction supplies, personal computers, printing, mail, restaurant and office supplies, weekly groceries for a family, automobile repair parts.
- Freight containers designed for shipment without an accompanying passenger. These containers are travel on pallets and are boarded and removed based on shipping orders. Contents can include: groceries, business supplies, personal computers and monitors, store purchases, food supplies for restaurants, hotels, schools.